A quart will fill a 9-inch pie with or without a top crust. My friend, Diane, made this lovely pie using my Apple Pie Filling for her family. A pint (16-oz), will make a galette (open face pie). I love to make these. They are a little rustic, easy to serve at a fancy or casual affair, and so super easy to make.
Crisp or Crumble Recipe
(recipe by Diane McNamee)
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/3 cup all purpose flour
• 1/3 whole wheat flour
• 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
• 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1stick) melted
Mix all ingredients together and sprinkle the topping over your filling.
One quart of The Passionate Preserver’s homemade pie filling of your choice.
Place rack in the center of oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×9-inch pan or 11×7-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.